‘Before the Flood’ movie: “Follow Leonardo DiCaprio as he travels around the globe to witness first hand the devastating effects of climate change and what can be done to solve the climate crisis.”
I watched ‘Before the Flood‘ yesterday, the first day of its screening. Together with about 88,000 people on YouTube alone. When I was done, the movie had 150,000 views. This morning, it had over 1,5 mio views! And that’s just on YouTube and it’s just the beginning.
Have YOU watched it yet?
I’m so, so glad that people are paying attention. Kudos and a big ‘Thank-you’ to the makers of ‘Before the Flood’. And a special ‘Thank-you!’ for making it available to the world for free. I would have gladly paid my movie ticket to watch it, but to reach the masses, providing it for free was the way to go. Well done!
A lot of things went through my head last night, and I’m sure I wasn’t alone. I’m taking four main things with me:
- It is important to ACT FAST. Climate change is not new, it’s been known to be happening for decades. But now we’re running out of time, we only have a small window of opportunity left to transition back to a safe world.
- It is important to ACT GLOBALLY. The documentary was translated into 47 languages, now it’s up to us all to share it as much as possible with the rest of the world and to join ranks and start acting to facilitate change.
- It is important to STOP MAKING EXCUSES. No more ‘expecting others to do something first or do things better’. No more denial, blaming, finger-pointing, delaying. The buck stops right here, with each and every one of us. Now.
- We as INDIVIDUALS are MORE POWERFUL than we think:
- We have the BUYING POWER – If we stop buying the products that are destroying the planet, stop buying from the companies that are destroying the planet, the companies will have to change their ways or they will go bust. We can direct our money towards the companies and the products that take good care of this world.
- Our VOICE has POWER, especially in the era of Social Media. It is so much easier now than ever before to let the politicians know what we expect them to do. It is up to us to demand faster and more powerful actions, not just every few years with our vote, but in a much more timely manner. And much more often.
I won’t go into the details of what the documentary shows, you NEED TO watch it for yourself. The video footage will make you understand more than any words ever could how bad the situation is. On the documentary’s web site, you will find suggestions to help you figure out what you can do to counteract climate change. Whatever works for you, every little action counts.
Please join us in sharing this documentary with the world and in changing our ways so that this planet will remain livable for future generations. Join FIGHT THE FLOOD.
Let’s not go down in history as the last generation that could have made a change and didn’t.
Thank you in the name of future generations.